Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Yesterday and my Village Green POD...

My friend Sarah had posted something about hiding in the internet on her blog and it made me think. I realized I needed to be better about going out and living life instead of sitting on the computer all the time. So yesterday I skipped being on my computer, for the most part. I have a butt-load of emails I have to read, and hopefully one day I'll catch them up.

Liam and I had such a fun day. We took his morning nap together. I love snuggling with him, there's just something about it that is absolutely heavenly. Then we went on a long walk. I decided to spice up our walk a bit by walking through Cal Tech. They have a really pretty campus.

Cal Tech...I usually walk through Cal Tech on the weekends when there are few people there. But today I was walking through around noon so there were tons of people out and about. I people watched and it was pretty interesting what I saw. The first thing I noticed was snobbery. Yes, geeks can be snobs, apparently. Walking with a baby I've grown accustomed to being smiled at. Everyone thinks babies are cute and they always smile. Except for Cal Tech students. I must have passed literally 50-75 people while walking around the campus and it wasn't till I was almost out the other side till I got my one and only smile from a young Asian guy. That was it. Maybe the students and staff resented that I was walking on their campus. I don't know. People with babies take walks on the campus ALL the time. I found it pretty remarkable.

The other thing I was surprised to see were the amount of normal looking people I saw. Ok, so I know I'm stereotyping, but if you lived right next to Cal Tech for 4 years you would start to also. There is a Cal Tech student in our building that if I didn't know he was a student there I'd think he was some sort of little weird serial killer or something. He's a strange guy. We once had a water issue (I tried to give Liam a bath and when I turned on the water it was green). He is in the unit above ours so I asked him if he could turn on his water and see if it was also green. He called me and went into a whole spiel about the this chemical in the water and that chemical and how he ran an analysis on the water, etc. The end result being, no, his water wasn't green.

Anyhow, I saw a fair number of nerdy people there, but I also saw a lot of average-looking people...it was odd. I honestly have never seen that many normal looking people at Cal Tech before. Maybe is a some sort of summer program thing...

Anyhow, my walk through the campus was really pretty. We then continued to walk to get to the major street I wanted to go to so I could get myself some lunch. Which I did. We got home around 2 and Liam and I both ate yummy food. This is a set of condos that I love. If I ever HAD to stay living in a condo I'd want to live here...

In the afternoon I took Liam to his first movie! We saw Wall-E. It was so cute! Liam talked through most of it and was a bit more interested in the cup holder than the movie, but we made it through. He did watch it here and there, especially when there was more talking involved.

That was pretty much our entire day, but it was really nice. We came home and ate some more and Liam took a bath and then he went to bed. And I finally got to relax...

Added bonus picture!! This is the first pic I've taken that I can clearly see Liam's third tooth! Yay!


2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Marlyn said...

Great pics, interesting story! I want to take the girls to that movie.

I am so tired...

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger mo said...

It was a really cute movie. I'm sure they would love it.

That sucks that you are so tired. I am too. Liam was up so much last night. arg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home