Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Village Green POD's

Okay, so I didn't have any new pics uploaded...but here are my after-the-appendectomy pics. In June of last year, when I was about 6 months pregs I contracted appendicitis.

I remember I had decided to eat healthier. I think I must've gone to my 6 months appt or something that Thursday and I felt like I was gaining wieght too fast. So I on Friday I packed myself a ton of veggies for my lunch along with some carbs that I just can't do without. That night I started having a stomachache. I thought that it must've been because I was suddenly eating so many veggies.

On Saturday I felt better and I even went to a concert that night with my sisters. Sunday morning came and I had the worst case of "indigestion". My stomachache from Friday night had returned. I made Chris go out and get me all sorts of tums and other stuff and I chewed a ton of them up...but they were no help.

Chris wanted to walk to the book store (about a mile away) and I figured I'd walk with him...walking is supposed to help indigestion, right? I got about a block and a half and the pain was literally making the tears run. But instead of turning back, like a normal person would've, I pressed on. When we got to Borders I got giant pretzel, which I found I could hardly eat because now I was nauseous, too. Chris offered to go back and get the car, but I just wanted to go home. I didn't want to wait at Borders. So I painfully walked the mile back.

We called the OB and she told us that it was probably just indigestion and said I should take some pepto and if it didn't go away and we were really concerned we could always go to the ER (but she pretty much just brushed it off as indigestion). We called my mother-in-law and she suggested I lay down and prop up my feet. I was finally able to sleep a bit this way and it felt like my stomach was feeling better-if I didn't move at all. I found that it was incredibly tender on my right side.

I, of course, googled my symptoms and came up with the conclusion that I probably had appendicitis. So as I was still in pain and it was the late afternoon I decided to go to the ER. The whole time I was there I felt like such a dork. I was sure it was just something silly and it felt dumb to be going to the ER. They did an ultrasound on me and lo and behold there was my appendix, ginormous and easily seen on the ultrasound, even by me. So they wheeled me into surgery and cut out my appendix.

Here are the shots of the aftermath. After my appendectomy I always got shots of the pretty side of my tummy and the ugly side...so I have two shots for every stage. I also included some shots of when I was more pregs and healed up some....For my HNT I'll post what my ugly tummy looks like now...
























4 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Marlyn said...

I love that last one! Look at that baby belly!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger mo said...

Thanks! I think this was somewhere around 36 weeks. It was crazy how big my tummy ended up getting!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Acrimony said...

So, did you call the OB back and go "HA BITCH! It wasn't just indigestion!"?

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger mo said...

LOL-No, better. I switched to a midwife and dropped her ass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home