Thursday, June 11, 2009

Trying to grow veggies!


I have never ever had a green thumb. My plants always end up dead, often simply from failing to water them. But I really wanted to start an herb and veggie garden now that we are in our new house and I have the room. For Mother's Day Chris got me several tomato plants, a pepper plant, flowers and a bunch of herb seeds. I'm so proud of myself that for the most part, my plants are still alive! The tomatoes have grown so much bigger than they were when I planted them. They are starting to bloom! I can't wait till I have actually grown a tomato!


Liam helped me out with planting/playing in the dirt the day I took these pictures. He also had fun organizing and reorganizing these rocks in a plant container. It was amazing how long he was occupied with this!!

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Marlyn said...

Looks good! Love the rock game. Remember, tomatoes are heavy feeders -- to produce any real fruit you are going to need to feed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home